I have been searching for a full-featured and platform independent HylaFAX client and finally i found YajHFC (Yet another Java HylaFAX Client). This application is written completely in Java, therefore it can be use for both Linux and Windows environment. YajHFC has the following features:
- Faxing documents in PostScript, PDF, JPEG, PNG and GIF format
- Polling faxes
- Support for generating cover pages from templates
- Viewing sent and received faxes
- Phone book
- Visible table columns may be selected in a dialog
- Runs under Windows, Linux and Mac OS X (and probably other platforms if a suitable JRE is available)
- Supports four languages: English, French, German and Spanish
What is HylaFAX?
HylaFAX is an enterprise-class system for sending and receiving facsimiles as well as for sending alpha-numeric pages.
The software is designed around a client-server architecture. Fax modems may reside on a single machine on a network and clients can submit an outbound job from any other machine on the network. Client software is designed to be lightweight and easy to port.
HylaFAX is designed to be very robust and reliable. The fax server is designed to guard against unexpected failures in the software, in the configuration, in the hardware and in general use. HylaFAX can support multiple modems and a heavy traffic load.
If you expect to send more than a few facsimiles a day, then HylaFAX is the fax package for you!Read More