Android 6.0 Marshmallow doesn’t show battery percentage on the home screen, but you can see the battery percentage when you scroll down the status bar or when the phone is on charging.
There is a tweak that will show battery percentage inside the battery icon on the top bar of your Android Marshmallow smartphone.
Follow the guide below on how to enable battery percentage in Android Marshmallow.
How to unlock System UI Tuner
- Open the Quick Settings panel by swiping down with two fingers from the top of your screen (or swiping down twice).
- You will see little gear icon in the upper-right corner of your screen.
- Press and hold your finger on the little gear icon for a few seconds, and you’ll see it start to spin.
- Let it spin for a while and lift your finger. You will see a notification “Congrats, System UI tuner has been added to your settings”.
- Go to system main Settings and scroll all the way down to the very bottom of the list, you will see “System UI Tuner” added.
- Congrats, you have successfully enabled the experimental Marshmallow’s System UI Tuner.
How to display battery percentage
- Tap the newly present “System UI Tuner” option in the system Settings.
- Toggle the “Show Embedded Battery Percentage“ bar to right to enable it.
- That’s it, you will see the embedded percentage inside the battery icon on the top bar of your screen.